Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Tuna Pie

I find as my kids get into after school activities, I am even busier than I imagined! (Makes me really appreciate my mom!)  That being said, I appreciate a meal that I can throw together really fast when I need to. 

And of course, we have to stick together and share every tidbit we can right!?

So here is a quick easy dinner that the kids love, and you will too!!  

Try this one out! 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Lightly grease a pie plate, and layer two cans of tuna fish in the bottom.
Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese over tuna.
 Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a frying pan and cook two cups chopped onions, over low heat.
 Until lightly browned. 


 
 Layer over the top of the cheese.
 
 Now here is where I put my twist on it, to make it a tad bit healthier.  The recipe calls for 1 cup of bisquick.  I change that to:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbl. oil

So take whichever mixture suits your fancy and put it into the blender with:
3 eggs
1 1/4 cup milk (add a couple extra Tbl. if using whole wheat)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

Blend for 15 seconds.
 Pour over the layers in the pie plate. 
 Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes.
 Sprinkle with about another cup of cheese and bake 5 minutes longer.  You could also put slices of tomatoes on top at this point to make it a little prettier, but my kids just take them off, so I always leave them out.
 Enjoy!
~Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you, and try to get back to everyone. Please remember that if you are a "No Reply Blogger" I cannot respond to your comment. Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...