Thursday, November 14, 2013

Homemade Syrup

Here is my disclaimer:
Syrup = Sugar
I know that it's not the best thing for you, but I feel better about feeding this to my kids than something that is packaged with a bunch of stuff added to it!  
The more we can do ourselves, the better our bodies will be in the long run.

Let's get to it. Take 1 cup sugar and pour into a small pan.
 Add 1 cup brown sugar.

 And 1 cup water.
That's right, equal parts.  This will make it simple if you want to make a bigger batch.
Finally, stir in 1 tsp. maple extract or vanilla extract.
 Bring to a boil and boil about a minute so the sugar will get all nice and dissolved.  Be sure to watch it on the stove, I have boiled it over many times because I easily get side tracked!  It's not a fun mess to clean up!!
 I have a little container that I keep mine in.  This way when there is extra, it just gets put in the fridge till we need it again.
Enjoy!
~Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you, and try to get back to everyone. Please remember that if you are a "No Reply Blogger" I cannot respond to your comment. Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...