Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tuesday Tip #2 - Needle Down

Hello Again!

Tuesday has come back around, so it's time for me to share a little tidbit I have learned over time.

I find that when I am helping my family and friends learn to sew, one thing I have to constantly tell them is to put the needle in the down position when turning a corner or adjusting the fabric.  This  is especially true during the quilting process.  Working those big heavy quilts require an adjustment here and there, and putting the needle down, will keep your lines straight instead of zigzagged.



If you are lucky enough to have a machine with a needle down function, just enable this function.  If not, you will have to manually turn the wheel and put the needle into the fabric before adjusting/turning.



This may seem like a very insignificant thing, but it really does make a big difference in the overall quality of your finished product.  If you can get in the habit of putting that needle down, it is something that you won't even have to think about.

Have a great day!
~Corrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you, and try to get back to everyone. Please remember that if you are a "No Reply Blogger" I cannot respond to your comment. Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...