Wednesday, March 18, 2015

How To Turn a Corner When Binding

Happy Wednesday everyone!    

As I was putting the binding on my last quilt, I was thinking to myself how so many of us struggle with corners.  So today, I am sharing with you a simple tutorial on turning, as you attach your binding to the front of your quilt.  

The first thing you will do when approaching a corner is to stitch right up to 1/4 inch from the edge.

Next, you will fold the strip completely back so that it is in a straight line with the edge of your quilt, and perpendicular with the edge you have just stitched down.

Now, fold it back down and in line with the edge you are getting ready to stitch down, lining the fold up with the edge you've already stitched.
(I pinned it so I could take my hands away and snap a picture, but I would not usually do so.)

And Finally, begin stitching right along the edge and continue on to the next corner.

 This will create a great corner for you when you flip it around to the back. 

I hope that this helps!

Remember to keep smiling, spring is only two days away!
~Corrie




No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you, and try to get back to everyone. Please remember that if you are a "No Reply Blogger" I cannot respond to your comment. Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...