Monday, October 20, 2014

Kindred Quilters Weekend



I wanted to post this morning to tell you about a great journey some friends and I went on.

It started about 18 months ago, with a group of a few novice quilters, and the rest beginners, ranging in age from 16 to 73. The plan was to make one block a month for 16 months and at the end we would get together give every person in the group one of our blocks and put a quote together with them.  Simple enough right?  Well, for some yes!
We ended up in this beautiful valley.
My quilt top, patiently waiting for the next step.
A few members jump right in with both feet, and had their blocks done in no time. A few others get a little done here and there and we're done in a timely manner. And the others waited until the final week to finish all or most of their blocks!  But in the end, we all got together and had an amazing weekend full of laughing sewing and eating!

Our littlest people, helping lay out a quilt.
Our champ!  The first member finished.

I wanted to share this because I think it is something special for a group of ladies to get together like we did. I want to encourage people to do this in their own communities with their own group of wonderful women even if you've never sewn before, find somebody that has, and muddle through.
Another top complete.
She shocked us all by getting her queen size done!
If you want to start your own group, and have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me!
Sweet Girls
Our late arrival still kicked it out!
I think she's in the "zone".

The leftover blocks will be made into a quilt to donate to Love In Action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you, and try to get back to everyone. Please remember that if you are a "No Reply Blogger" I cannot respond to your comment. Thanks for stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...